What’s on

What’s on

2020.10.23 2020.10.23

Bucheon International Animation Festival 2020

Bucheon International Animation Festival 2020

Information
Period 23 October 2020 ~ 27 October 2020
Location Bucheon

Bucheon International Animation Festival(BIAF) 2020 will be held from October, 23 to 27 October, 2020. This year’s edition of the festival poster was created by Anca Damian, the Grand Prize winner at BIAF 2019 with her work, Marona’s Fantastic Tale.

“I always was attracted by the oriental painting, but also felt overwhelmed craft of the painters. Making the poster I was searching to find an idea that combine a Korean landscape that I liked (with symmetrical mountains, rivers and trees, having the sun and moon in the time), with the bird from the Korean folk painting. The idea that stays behind the poster is that everything is connected - the energy flows in physical forms. The wings of my bird forms the mountain, and the source of water surrounds her tail, while her crest is dissolving in the sun. - Anca Damian

She also made the official trailer, in which introduces he main works of animation history as Betty Boop (by Max Fleischer, 1930), Yellow Submarine(The Beatles’ music video, 1968), Fantastic Planet (by René Laloux, 1973), Academy Award winning Short Tango (by Zbigniew Rybczy?ski, 1980) and Academy Award Nomination Feature Boy and the World (by Alê Abreu, 2013).

Here's the link!

“As everything is connected, I linked some films from the animation history that inspired me in using this fantastic cinematographic language. The life of animation as an art is vibrant and all the artists are somehow in the same flow” - Anca Damian

Starting in 1999, BIAF has competitions of 6 categories – Feature, Short, Graduation, TV&Commissioned, Korean Short and VR. Animated form produced after January 1, 2019 and haven’t been submitted previously were eligible for the call for 2020 BIAF. A total of 100 short films (44 Short, 29 Graduation, 12 TV&Commissioned, and 15 Korean films) have been selected out of over 2,500 submissions. Selection results for Feature and VR categories will be released soon.

As an Academy Awardⓡ Qualifying festival in Asia, BIAF has paved the way for young animated film makers to show their creativity, offering great opportunities for your talents to meet masters of the cartoon and animation world such as Disney, LAIKA, GAINAX. It has created network linking animated film festivals around the world through a variety of collaborations. This year’s edition awaits animation film lovers and attracts new audience with fun and exciting programs.

For more information, please visit the website!

Map View

지도가 들어가는 곳
News
Previous The Results of Bucheon Storytelling Contest
Next Accepting Nominations of Works for the 1st Bucheon Diaspora Literary Award
상단으로 이동

Be in the know. Subscribe to our newsletter!

Keep bang up to date with what's new at Bucheon UNESCO City of Literature.
Subscribe to our newsletter, and you'll hear all about the latest news, literary events.

• address181, Sohyang-ro, Bucheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea 14547
  • emailjsy97@korea.kr
  • phone82-32-625-9386
  • phone82-32-625-9386
  • fax82-32-625-9379